Travelling with Children
A few tips for you and your child to have a pleasant experience at Adelaide Airport.
Changing and feeding facilities for your baby
We are in the process of upgrading all of our washrooms throughout the terminal to include parents’ rooms that are equipped with facilities for changing and feeding facilities. We have opened one of these parent’s room which is located on L0 behind the staircase.
Have a look at the Terminal Map to locate the washroom closest to you.
Let them let their hair down in our play area!
Have a coffee whilst keeping an eye on your child as they enjoy themselves in our children’s play area. Located directly alongside Hudson’s Coffee on level 2, the area is secure, with a child-proof gate.
Shop for a bit of fun!
From colouring-in books and toy planes to pencil cases and children’s books, our range of specialty stores are sure to have what you need to keep your little ones occupied during the flight. Our store listings can be found here.
Airport Pharmacy has everything you need: from OTC to OMG!
Located on level 2 of the Terminal, Airport Pharmacy, has a comprehensive range of over-the-counter medicines, prescription medicines and travel products. Handy, if you’ve forgotten to pack sunscreen or other essentials. It’s also well-stocked with products for skin care, hair care, as well as cosmetics, perfumes, gifts, baby essentials and more. Plus you can even fill in your scripts!
We don’t want you to lose it!
In case you happen to misplace any of your items, please contact our Lost Property department. More information can be accessed here:
Airlines differ in terms of when they require passengers to check in prior to departure, so please consult with your airline about check-in details.
Whilst some airlines provide strollers for use within the terminal prior to departure, most airlines have additional luggage allowance for children’s accessories such as prams, strollers, and car seats. However, you may need to allow additional time for checking in with these items, so it’s a good idea to clarify with your airline.
Lastly, if you’re flying abroad, remember to check the requirements for children’s identification with your airline.
For more check-in information please check here: http://www.adelaideairport.com.au/travellers-guide/check-in/
If your child has special needs, please have a look at the following page, which outlines all the facilities that are available at Adelaide Airport to make your visit an easy and pleasant experience.
Security: A few FYIs and FAQs
- Prams and strollers will be screened and allowed entry past the security screening point.
- Infants and toddlers should be removed from the pram/ stroller for the search.
- Where possible, check with your airline regarding their own rules for carrying prams/ strollers on board the aircraft.
I’m travelling with children; do the same security rules apply?
Check with your airline for specific allowances when travelling with children. Prams and strollers require x-ray at the security screening point.
Can I take child seats with me?
We recommend you check with your airline. You can take seats through security, although most airlines request that child seats are checked into the hold.
Can I take my baby’s milk through security?
There are no limits to the amount of milk powder that may be carried. Bottled water is available at the shops after security and on board your flight.
Additional international travel requirements
- The usual restrictions to liquids (100ml maximum carried in a sealed, transparent bag) do not apply. However, please note that the amount carried should be sufficient for your trip and will be subject to security screening. This rule also applies to jars of baby food.
- We collect many toys that resemble prohibited items. So don’t forget to check what your children packed for themselves!
- For more information on security, please check here: http://www.adelaideairport.com.au/travellers-guide/security/