AAL provides access to the AAAFF to fuel suppliers and into-plane (ITP) operators subject to the payment of the following charges:
- Throughput Charge
- ITP Charges
Fuel Service Rate (FSR)
Fuel suppliers are charged a FSR from 1 December 2021 consistent with global fuel charging regimes.
This FSR is levied on a cents per litre basis and is calculated utilising a building block model which is built up on the following:
- Recovery of the purchase costs and associated funding costs for the AAAFF;
- Ongoing operating and maintenance costs that will now be borne by AAL;
- Insurances required by AAL in relation to the AAAFF;
- Environmental liabilities and remediation costs assumed by AAL; and
- Capital works required.
The FSR is revised annually, effective from 1 July each year and indicatively set through to 30 June in the following calendar year. The FSR is communicated to fuel suppliers 30 days prior to 1 July and published on AAL’s website.
AAL has adopted a long-term view of the investment in the AAAFF and has set the following FSR:
|Fuel Service Rate (from 1 July 2022)||1.23c/litre (excl. GST)*|
* valid from 1 July 2022 – 30 June 2023.