Parking Terms and Conditions of Entry
Adelaide Airport Parking – Terms and Conditions of Entry
1. Terms – Each time that you bring your vehicle into the Adelaide Airport car park (“Car Park”), you do so subject to these Terms and Conditions of Entry(“Terms”).
2. Car Parking Services – The Terms apply to you as a driver of a vehicle using the Car Park and all associated services under these Terms (“Car Park Services”).
3. Contract – By entering the Car Park, you accept the Terms. The Terms apply as a contract between you and Adelaide Airport Limited (“AAL”). You are liable to comply with the Terms as the binding contract.
4. Other terms – In addition to these Terms, the terms published online at www.adelaideairport.com.au/parking-terms-and-conditions/bookings apply to online bookings of car parking spaces. From time-to-time AAL may update the Terms and publish online or display in the Car Park additional terms (including signs) applicable to you as the user of the Car Park Services. Any such update will take effect from the time you next bring your vehicle into the Car Park.
5. Payment – You must pay the applicable fee for use of the Car Park prior to removing your vehicle from the Car Park. The payment methods available include credit card and debit card. You will be prevented from removing your vehicle from the Car Park if there are any fees, AAL costs or other charges under these Terms which are due and unpaid.
6. AAL Costs – In addition to the Car Park use fees, AAL will have the right to charge you reasonable costs incurred by AAL in connection with the Car Park use, including legal costs, debt collection expenses, administration fees (such as the Oversized Vehicle Fee for attendance by AAL staff to facilitate exit of Oversized Vehicle as set out in the Schedule of Fees available at www.adelaideairport.com.au/parking-transport/parking-your-car/prices-payment-options), enforcement fees (such as the Towing Fee as set out in the Schedule of Fees), property damage remedy costs plus GST (“AAL Costs”) which must be paid within 14 days of an invoice being issued by AAL.
7. GST and other taxes – The fees and AAL Costs that we charge under the Terms include the Goods and Services Tax (as defined in the A New Tax System (Goods and Services Tax) Act 1999 (Cth) and other applicable taxes that AAL is legally required to recover.
8. Interest – AAL may charge interest on any fees and the AAL Costs not paid in accordance with these Terms. Interest is calculated on daily basis from the due date until payment date and such interest will be calculated at a rate per annum that is 2% higher than the rate published by Australia and New Zealand Banking Group Limited as its Reference Rate from time to time.
9. Payment authorisation – If you provide us with your debit card or credit card details, you authorise us to charge your debit card or credit card with the amount of applicable fees. This authorisation is valid until all fees incurred under these Terms are fully paid.
10. Right to refuse entry – If any fees incurred under these Terms and/or AAL Costs remain unpaid, Adelaide Airport has the right to refuse you entry to the Car Park until such fees and/or AAL Costs are paid in full.
11. Lost ticket. In circumstances where you have misplaced or lost the parking ticket, payment card or valid parking authority used to access the car park, the parking fee will be based on your entry time into the Car Park as shown by AAL’s electronic database and will be calculated as the maximum car parking fee that is applicable at the time of the ticket being declared as lost by the booth operator plus the Lost Ticket Fee (as set out in the Schedule of Fees).
12. Acceptance of risk – When you park and leave your vehicle in the Car Park:
(a) you remain responsible for your vehicle and any property in or on it;
(b) you agree to take steps to ensure your personal safety and safety of other persons in the Car Park; and
(c) you accept responsibility not to cause any property damage, including damage to other vehicles, structures (including surfaces) and equipment in the Car Park;
13. No Warranty. Without limiting clause 12 above and to the extent permitted by law, AAL gives no warranty as to:
availability of the Car Park Services at all times;
14. Compliance with signage. You must comply with all signage, bay markings, permit zones and directions issued to you by AAL or its representatives or otherwise displayed in the Car Park (“Parking Rules”). You must ensure that you are permitted to park and leave your vehicle in a specific parking bay in accordance with the Parking Rules.
15. Parking Rules – As part of the Parking Rules, you must:
(a) ensure that your parked vehicle is securely locked and the ignition key removed;
(b) park strictly within the confines of a single parking bay designated for your vehicle;
(c) not obstruct other vehicles or designated exit or entry lanes;
(d) not enter parking zones or park in the parking bays designated for specific use unless you are permitted to do so;
(e) if you are conducting commercial activities or if your vehicle is a utility or commercial vehicle you must hold a prior authorisation issued in writing by AAL;
(f) not park in a bay designated for disabled Car Park users without displaying a current disability permit;
(g) comply with size and load restrictions which may apply to your vehicle. Vehicles which do not comply with the proscribed limits (Oversized Vehicles) will be denied entry to the Car Park and may be subject to Oversized Vehicle Fee (as set out in the Schedule of Fees) if AAL staff attends to facilitate exit of such Oversized Vehicle;
(h) not park in a bay designated for electric Vehicle (“EV”) without plugging your vehicle in to the vehicle charging unit provided at the bay and must only leave your vehicle for the period reasonably required for recharging purposes; and
(i) not park in a signposted motorcycle bay a motor vehicle which is not a motorcycle.
16. Infringement fees – If you breach any of the Parking Rules, you may be issued with an infringement fee which you must pay in addition to any other money you owe us, before you can remove your vehicle from the Car Park.
17. Multiple bay fee – If you park your vehicle in more than one car park space (as defined by lines painted on the surface of the parking area), in addition to the infringement fee, you will be charged the full fee for each Car Park space your vehicle occupies.
20. Right to move vehicle – Where necessary for operational, safety or security reasons or otherwise permitted by law, we reserve the right to enter the vehicle and move it.
21. Lien – You grant us a general lien over, and the right to retain, your vehicle as security for any money which you owe us. Such lien is created upon any fees, AAL costs or any other charges under these Terms falling due. If you fail to pay any money you owe us, we may enforce our rights under the lien and sell your vehicle after 30 days to recover money you owe us. To the extent permitted by law, we may sell your vehicle in such manner as we think fit in our absolute discretion.
22. Abandoned vehicle – if the vehicle is considered by us to be abandoned or if your vehicle is not collected from the Car Park for 42 days after our request, the vehicle will be sold or disposed of in accordance with the provisions of the Unclaimed Goods Act 1987 (SA). We will have the right to recover from the proceeds of sale any money you owe us, reasonable costs of the sale, storage and maintenance costs.
23. AAL not liable – To the extent permitted by law, you acknowledge that we are not liable to you (or any passengers in the vehicle, or any other party) for any loss, damage, injury or any incidental, indirect, special, consequential or economic loss or damage (including loss of opportunity, exemplary or punitive damages) whether to person or property (including the vehicle), except to the extent that we have caused or contributed to that loss or damage.
24. Indemnity – To the extent permitted by law, each party to these Terms (the first party) will indemnify and agree to keep indemnified the other (the second party) against any loss which the second party may suffer arising from or in any way relating to a breach of these Terms by the first party.
25. Severability – If any part of these Terms is illegal or unenforceable, that part is to be disregarded, and its removal will not affect the rest of the conditions.
26. Definitions – In these Terms, references to: (a) “we”, “us” and “our” , “AAL” means Adelaide Airport Limited ACN 075 176 653, ABN 78 075 176 653 of 1 James Schofield Drive Adelaide Airport SA 5950 its employees, agents and independent contractors; (b) “you” means the person using, or intending to use this car park; and (c) “your vehicle” includes a vehicle driven, or intended to be driven, by you into the Car Park.