Rideshare, Taxi and Chauffeur Access Card Terms and Conditions
The Driver must comply with the following Terms and Conditions. Failure to do so may result in immediate withdrawal of the card by AAL.
AAL means Adelaide Airport Limited
Car Park Office means AAL’s carpark office located at Adelaide Airport and contactable on (08) 8308 9293.
Card means the access control card provided to a Driver by AAL for use in the Designated Areas
Designated Areas means the designated Ride Share, Taxi and Chauffeur pick up areas at Adelaide Airport as notified to the Driver
Driver means the applicant who holds a Driver Accreditation for a chauffeur, taxi or ride sharing vehicle
Driver Accreditation means the accreditation imposed by the South Australian Government or other relevant authority on Drivers
Portal means the Adelaide Airport Rideshare, Taxi and Chauffeur Portal
1. If there are any changes in circumstances to any part of this application, the Car Park Office must be notified immediately.
2. The Driver is bound by the Terms and Conditions (in addition to any terms and conditions notified by its chauffeur or ride-share operator) and will be responsible for any breaches of the Terms and Conditions by the Driver.
3. A Card is issued to the nominated Driver and cannot be transferred. If the Driver has a change of name after the submission of this application they must notify the Car Park Office within 30 days of their change of name and complete a Statutory Declaration.
4. The Card must not be altered in any way and remains the property of AAL at all times.
5. The Card will only be issued to Drivers who provide proof of their Driver Accreditation with their application. Cards are unable to be issued in the absence of this accreditation.
a. Driver Accreditation renewals will need to be provided prior to expiry. Failure to provide proof of their renewal prior to the expiry date will result in a Driver’s access being blocked.
6. In the event that a Driver’s Accreditation ceases, AAL must be notified immediately and the Card returned to AAL’s Car Park Office as soon as possible.
7. Fees & Charges
a. Drivers are required to pay a $25 non-refundable fee for the issue of their card.
b. A monthly administration fee of $1.50 will be debited to each Card on the first day of each calendar month.
c. Drivers will be charged $3.00 for every exit from the Designated Areas.
d. Drivers are required to create an account within the Portal.
e. Drivers must maintain a minimum Card balance of $15.
f. Cards will be automatically credited by $10 once the Card reaches a minimum balance of $15.00 to ensure a Driver has sufficient funds to exit the Designated Areas.
g. SMS fees will be charged at $0.18 (incl GST) per SMS. Drivers can opt out at any time via the Portal.
h. Replacement of lost or damaged Cards will incur a fee of $25.00 – this fee is non-refundable.
i. Cards which have not been used for 90 days will be blocked. Unblocking a card will incur a $10 administration fee which will be debited from the Card.
j. Cards issue fees, Card replacement fees, and administration fees will be reviewed on 1 July of each year. All fees and charges are subject to change at the discretion of AAL Management. Any amendments will be notified to the Driver via their registered email address.
a. Payment of the Fees and Charges may be made by credit card only using the cards shown on the Portal. By completing this application the Driver authorises AAL to charge the nominated credit card for the amount of the relevant fees and charges.
b. AAL’s payment processing authority uses 128 bit SSL encryption. Nonetheless no data transmitted over the Internet is secure, and AAL does not warrant the security of data. A driver transmits data using the online booking facility entirely at their own risk.
9. Drivers holding an existing Card must surrender the previous Card on collection of a new one.
10. The Card can only be used by the issued Driver in the course of their provision of ridesharing, taxi and/or chauffeur services. The Card does not constitute an authority to enter the Designated Areas for any other purpose.
11. A Driver’s use of the Designated Areas is at the Driver’s own risk and the Driver remains responsible for their vehicle and any property in or on it.
12. Cards which are damaged, lost or stolen must be reported as soon as possible to the AAL Car Park Office and the applicable fees as outlined in clause 7 must be paid.
13. Should the Driver have no further requirement for the Card, AAL must be notified immediately and the Card must be returned within 7 calendar days of that change.
14. AAL may alter these Terms and Conditions at any time in its absolute discretion. Any amendment to the terms and conditions will be notified to the Driver via their registered email address.
15. AAL reserves the right to suspend further issue of Cards to any Driver who has not returned Cards which have expired or are no longer required.
16. AAL reserves the right to request additional information in support of a Driver’s application in the event that the application is rejected.
17. AAL reserves the right to instruct a third party to recover any Cards which have not been returned and are therefore in contravention to these Terms and Conditions.
18. The Driver must comply with any directions or instructions given by AAL in relation to the Designated Areas.
19. The Driver must not park their vehicle so as to obstruct or permit the obstruction of the free passage to, or the use of, the Designated Areas. AAL reserves the right to remove any obstructing vehicle. AAL will not be liable for any damage to a Driver’s vehicle, persons or property by such removal. The Driver will be liable for all costs incurred with such removal.
20. Except to the extent required by law, AAL will not be liable for: (a) the safe custody of any vehicle in the Designated Area; or (b) the delivery of the Driver’s vehicle to any person, whether that person has authority to take it or not; or(c) any theft loss or damage whatsoever to any vehicle or its accessories or contents; or (d) any damage to an Driver’s property, injury or death whilst the Driver, their vehicle or their property is in the Designated Areas or whilst the Driver is entering or leaving the Designated Areas.
21. The Driver releases and indemnifies AAL from any claim against AAL or expense incurred by AAL arising from their use of the Designated Areas or from AAL removing their vehicle from it.
22. Where applicable the Driver must ensure that their parked vehicle is securely locked and the ignition key removed.
23. The Driver must not litter the car park, or allow their vehicle to spill or leak oil in it.
24. These Terms and Conditions will exclude AAL from any liability to a Driver to the extent permitted by law. AAL’s liability for breach of any term or guarantee imposed by law (including the Australian Consumer Law) that cannot be excluded, restricted or modified is limited to the extent permitted by law to: if the breach relates to services, the supplying of the services again, or the payment of the cost of having the services supplied again; and if the breach relates to goods, the replacement of the goods or the supply of equivalent goods; the repair of such goods; the payment of the cost of replacing the goods or of acquiring equivalent goods; or the payment of the cost of having the goods repaired.
25. AAL collects a Driver’s personal information when a Driver completes this application. AAL will handle the Driver’s personal information for purposes associated with their use of a Card and access to the Designated Areas and as set out in this Agreement. Without this information, AAL cannot process a Driver’s application.
26. AAL may also collect other personal information when the Driver uses the Designated Areas (including a Driver’s image, licence plate number, location and movements and other information, through CCTV surveillance, number plate recognition and access control technology) which is used at Adelaide Airport including the Designated Areas for security, ground transport and traffic management and car parking related purposes.
27. AAL may also collect information related to a Card for the purposes of monitoring any misuse of the Card and disclose a Driver’s personal information and information relating to a Driver’s use of the Designated Areas for the purposes of identifying, and recovering any costs associated with, any misuse of the card or breach of these terms and conditions.
28. AAL may disclose a Driver’s personal information to the relevant ride share, taxi or chauffeur operator for the purpose of these Terms and Conditions and the operation of the Designated Areas.
31. If any part of these Terms and Conditions is illegal or unenforceable, that part is to be disregarded, and its removal will not affect the rest of the Terms and Conditions.