Adelaide Airport Bicycle Facility
Adelaide Airport has bicycle facilities at the Southern end of the old International Terminal Building, approximately 90m from the Northern exit of the Terminal – Click here for Bicycle Assembly and Service Area Map
Included in the facility are:
• Bicycle Service Stations — These units allow for the assembly, disassembly and minor maintenance of bicycles. The units include a foot pump.
• Free Bicycle Parking Facilities — Bicycle racks are provided for parking of up to 12 bikes, this is in addition to the existing bicycle rack area located in the multi-storey car park.
• Bicycle Box ‘Recycling’ Service* — The new facility provides an area where bike boxes that have been discarded by arriving passengers may be stored and made available for collection by departing cyclists.
• Secure Bicycle Parking Facility — A secure storage facility is available to provide cyclists with a secure location, on a fee for service basis.
*This area will be made available to event organisers free of charge and will only operate during major cycling events in South Australia. For more information please email email@example.com
In addition to the dedicated Bicycle Facility, bicycle racks are situated on the ground level of the multi-level car park. Click here for ground level map. Short term Bicycle Lockers are available adjacent to the bicycle rack area. This allows cyclists to pre-position a disassembled (and boxed) bicycle at the airport and then retrieve it prior to check-in.
Cycling to and from Adelaide Airport
Cyclists may also find the below links useful when planning trips to and from Adelaide Airport:
• Bicycle Facilities to Adelaide City via Linear Park Bike Path
• Bicycle Facilities to Glenelg via Anna Meares and Reece Jennings Bike Path
• South Australian Government Cycle Instead Journey Planner: http://maps.sa.gov.au/cycleinstead/
Information about Secure Bicycle Parking Area
A secure Adelaide Metro bike cage available for use by those with a registered metrocard. Visit an Adelaide Metro InfoCentre to add the ‘bike cage fare product’ to your registered metrocard. Just show your photo ID and pay an annual non-refundable fee of $10. Once your metrocard is enabled with the bike cage fare product just touch it to the metrocard touchpad to open the bike cage door and lock your bike to one of the rails.
Adelaide Metro InfoCentre locations:
Currie Street InfoCentre – Corner of Currie Street and King William Street Adelaide 5000
Monday to Friday: 8.00am – 6.00pm
Saturday: 9.00am – 5.00pm
Sunday: 11.00am – 4.00pm
Adelaide Railway Station InfoCentre – North Terrace Adelaide 5000
Sunday to Thursday: 6.00am – 9.00pm
Friday, Saturday, Public Holidays & Special Event days: 6.00am – 12.15pm