Adelaide Airport is ranked the fifth busiest airport in Australia with more than 8 million passengers annually and is regarded as having one of the most modern terminal designs in the country. In October 2018 Adelaide Airport started construction on a $AUD165 million expansion of its main terminal, which will significantly upgrade international arrivals and departures, and create more retail and dining options for both domestic and international travellers.
There will be 30-month rollout of commercial opportunities linked to the expansion. The retail opportunities to be made progressively available represent a rare opportunity for retailers to establish a significant presence at one of Australia’s fastest growing airports across a broad range of categories from duty free and specialty retail to food & beverage, news/books and souvenirs.
Adelaide Airport has already released its Food & Beverage and Duty Free Requests For Proposal (RFP) for retailers seeking to be part of the airport’s significant terminal expansion. As part of the Duty Free Request for Proposal, Adelaide Airport is also encouraging prospective operators to consider bidding for domestic airside premium fashion sites, an international airside food and beverage site, and an international airside news and books site.
The terminal expansion will increase the terminal’s overall footprint by 16,500sqm. The total domestic and international retail footprint will increase by more than 80 per cent to 7,257sqm. International upgrades as part of the terminal expansion will also include a second, longer baggage belt for arrivals, more space for emigration and immigration processing and expanded security screening. The expansion project is due for completion in 2021.
In order to be considered as a prospective tenant at Adelaide Airport we ask that you please review the Leasing Enquiries Information below.
LEASING ENQUIRY INFORMATION
In order to be considered as a prospective tenant at Adelaide Airport we ask that you please provide us with the following information. Once this information is collated please email to [email protected]
- A business plan incorporating a minimum 5 year financial model of sales and expenditure
- Commentary relating to proposed cost of fit out and ability to show sufficient financial funding
- For the Corporate proposal the prospective operator should provide the following information
- Experience either in Australia or internationally
- Reference to exciting offers at other airports with a demonstrable track record of success
- Incorporation of innovative use of technology in terms of messaging during the passenger inward and outward journey;
- A demonstrated commitment to working collaboratively on joint E-Commerce strategies / data sharing and initiatives
- incorporate a management framework to create a genuine and productive partnership with AAL
- A product mix with appeal to all market and nationality segments
- A demonstrated and continuous focus on product innovation during the lease term
- A competitive plan to ensure pricing is in line with the off-airport domestic market
- A brief including site requirements and proposed visual merchandising plan that is consistent with the brand image
- A promotion and marketing plan to boost penetration rates and average transactions values
- Signage and store design to attract and delight customers and encourage dwell and spend
- Staff training, customer service and incentive programmes